This month we’ve been working with CIDESCO, the world standard for beauty & spa therapy, on its Total Guest Experience month. This is a month dedicated to helping remind the CIDESCO membership of the importance of giving the best possible service to its customers and clients.
As customer service has and always will be the critical competitive advantage for any business, we thought it would be useful to share some of CIDESCO’s advice for our readers’ benefits.
As Mahatma Gandhi said:
“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us an opportunity to do so.”
- First impressions really do count so ensure that your appearance and the attitude you project is presenting yourself in the best way – a way that you wish to be remembered and recognised.
- Remembering details about your guest’s last visit can help them to feel more relaxed and cared for – even the smallest detail about a conversation can help.
- Go one step beyond what is expected, which will not be the same with every guest but will be noted by each.
- Support your team in front of your guest or refer to the services of a peer which will remind your guest that there is an entire team dedicated to their experience.
- Taking sufficient breaks isn’t just important for the physical quality of the treatment and your concentration but also for your energy and social efforts.
- A genuine compliment should always be shared – you can help your guests to feel good in many ways.
- Your final words can have a lasting effect, especially after delivering a treatment on a guest. Be sure to make them count.