Last month, L’Oreal predicted a return to the ‘roaring 20s’ for beauty in wake of the pandemic. This refers to the frivolity of the 1920s that came following the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. The outgoing CEO predicted there will be a “fiesta of make-up and fragrances” where “putting on lipstick again will be a symbol of returning to life” as people socialise again.
At Spa PR, we can’t wait and as a PR agency have been busy working on client campaigns to meet this demand. Here are five important things to bear in mind when developing your communications strategy:
- Messaging will move from self care to self indulgence but with a strong mind-body-spirit connectedness that we’ve become more aware of in lockdown.
- Imagery and video will show the fun we can have as it entices us out of our homes to enjoy time together with those we’ve missed most.
- Contactless product sampling, menus, treatments and check-ins will remain important as consumers request reassurance on health and hygiene.
- Community focussed communications. Our communities have played a central role over the past year and we’ve shown that we’re stronger together.
- Management of reputation remains key. Our time in lockdown has highlighted those brands that ‘do’ rather than just ‘say’ with consumers more attuned to brands which display empathy and authenticity.