January is always a good time to reassess your priorities and implement new actions. We’ve therefore listed some of the PR and communication trends for 2021 to help you with your planning.
- 2020 was a year when we weren’t able to do all that we wanted so this is the year for being more spontaneous. Dreams without action are just that!
- 2021 is going to be an even bigger year for wellness communication so make sure your business is part of the conversation. This applies not only to the product or service you supply but also to the way in which you do things to operate sustainably, inclusively and fairly.
- Online events go mainstream. 2020 introduced us to the efficacy and success of using online meeting platforms such as Zoom to host events. While physical events will return it’s likely they will include virtual participants and attendees too.
- Social media influencer growth has grown considerably and shows no signs of slowing. Now is the time to catch those new rising stars in your market to benefit fully.
- Value driven communication becomes even more important. With customer trust paramount, businesses will use PR to communicate their key brand values rather than simply messages.
- Innovation still rules. With a fast paced news agenda and fragmented public attention, businesses which continue to think big and capture media attention will be the ones that rise above the competition, engaging customers and employees.